Monday, July 21, 2008

Can it really be Monday again???

Yep, just checked the calendar...the weeks are just flying by.

There's only a couple of weeks and a couple of days before I'm off to Brisvegas and then the US and Canada. If the past few weeks are anything to go by, I think I'd better not even close my eyes or I'll miss the flash as they whizz past faster than a, than a...what??

During this past week, something exciting that happened for me, was discovering another digi designer living right here in my city! We've made contact and we're going to meet up for coffee next week. How amazing is that!

I've learned how to do some new stuff with the designing too, so that's been a real boost. I'm playing with textures now and I'm seeing 'textures' literally everywhere I look. This is sooo fun!
I'm using my own textures now to create background papers. (I may never have to buy another Commercial Use texture overlay again.)

Not much else to write about just now, except that we had a rainy day last week and we're having another one today. Rainy days just don't happen very often for us here so when they do, they are such a pleasant change! I love them. I love sunny warm winter days too, don't get me wrong, but a rainy winter day - they are fairly rare and provide a great contrast, so I enjoy them too.

Oh and I found some new fonts to buy too...it's just deciding which ones - that is the hard part.

I'm starting to find the limitations in PSE now too, so I think I'm going to have to take a long hard look at whether to purchase PSCS. I know I just can't afford the latest version but maybe I could buy an older version (reduced in price now) and then buy an upgrade down the track. I'm wondering if that would be a good way to go - or not. Just reading what other designers are using and what they are producing in the way of CU stuff, makes me think I have to go down that path sooner or later. (Maybe I need to see what kind of tax refund I'm likely to get...)

Well, that's it for now - probably for another week, if my past performance is anything to go by...LOL

Have a fun week.

No comments: